Monday, January 23, 2012

Life is About Transitions

I have spent most of my professional, not to mention personal, life helping people transition from one state to another. It's something I enjoy doing and never seem to tire of.

Now I am going through a transition myself having moved to a new city full of strangers, and I have to remind myself that this is the normal state of life. We humans have a desire to deny that, to imagine change is unnatural. We are homeostatic creatures and need things to stand still--or at least appear to be that way.

However, change is really the fabric of living. Coming together, drifting apart, acceptance, denial, attempts, failures, successes, graduation, birth and marriage and death--it's all the fabric of life.

So if you are struggling today with a change you are facing, take comfort as you are not alone. I'm doing it and so can you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment