Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let’s Realign in 2009


Any of you who know me know that I balk at bumper sticker statements.

Now that I have said that, I have to admit I had my own Ali moment when I hopped out of the subway yesterday.

Let’s realign in 2009.

Okay, it not Shelley or Frost, but I like it. It works at the personal level, and it works at the national level as well. All of us need to look at what we are doing and decide how we can change it for the better.

What makes you unhappy in your life? Is it a big issue? Probably, but perhaps not. Regardless of size, write it down and then list everything that would make it more palatable, or tolerable, or maybe even go away.

Then pick the first step and start. Start right now. Take the first step towards a small part of the goal. Schedule reminders on your iPhone or other techno gadget or the calendar your pharmacy gave you. Need inspiration? Look at the clock…it waits for no one.

Let’s realign in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment