Saturday, January 17, 2009

Looking for a Serious Relationship? NOT

I just skimmed some personals ads on-line and I have to say, it does not take too long to find a personals ad with problems. And as I get ready to give my February workshop "Writing an Irresistible Online Profile" I am looking for some prime examples of what not to do.

One of the more egregious crimes is having words that say one thing and pictures that say another. This crime, an offense punishable by not getting the responses you seek, occurs when people say they are tired of "trashy one night stands" and are "looking for true love." Or they say, "
NOT looking for a hook up."

Well what is wrong with that you ask?

The words don't match their actions. They say that, and then they put up pics like the one you see here. I'm not complaining now...it is a nice shot. But that said, listen to the words and look at the torso. One does not support the other.

What is the solution? If you are looking for sex, that is fine. Go after it and post pictures like this. If you are seeking true love--all the best--it is hard to find. But don't pictures like this for your quest. Pictures for one can't support pictures for the other. We need headshots, and a few of them, ALL TAKEN WITHIN THE LAST SIX MONTHS. People need to see you, the person, not you the abs. Don't complain about being treated like a piece of meat if that is what you are selling my dear.

Speaking of which...I need some new pictures.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment